- This event has passed.
Deepening “the core” through the power of Pilates
November 17 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm£30
What is the workshop about?
This workshop is about uncovering parts of our deepest centre we might have never been present to even existing. You will experience why working on mobility of the spine precedes stability and ultimately the strength of the core. We will largely use gravity as a friend, to help us ‘untangle’ faulty patterning in core activation, until we get onto our feet into a vertical alignment, where the gravitational forces are continuously challenging our core centre.
What can I expect?
- Basic anatomical overview of the trunk, which will help you visualise how your muscles recruit your skeleton to move or to remain strong and stable around that mid-section
- Learning how to stabilize your thoraco-lumbar junction so you can safely execute more load onto your core altogether
- Understanding how to align three body weight centres (pelvis, ribcage, head) in a variety of postures creating strong and stable midsection
What will I gain from the workshop?
- You will be inspired with what’s possible and leave with myriad of movements that you can practice with confidence on your own
- Using the principles of push and pull, effective use of the ground and visualising the lines of energy – you will be taking your practice to the next level
- Leave the workshop feeling ‘sturdier’ yet supple, well exercised but calm, and be ready to deal with the aching abs the following day
Who is it for?
- All pilates students: beginners will get a great start, advanced will deepen their practice
- All yoga students and teachers: be armed with some new tools you can take into your yoga practice
- Men and women, post-natal from min 6 weeks onwards
Click here to learn more and book the workshop.